BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Red Tent


I just finished reading The Red Tent by Anita Diamant. It is a story based on Biblical charcters: Dinah, Rachel, Leah, Jacob, etc. Though the story is not the same as in the Bible, it is a great read. Anita tells a story of Dinah, how she comes to have 4 mothers, how she fell in love and lost him in just a matter of weeks, and how she came to fall in love again. The story has many twists and turns that keeps you turning the page until the very end where her life come full circle. I highly recommend this novel. I almost cried at the end. I own it if anyone wants to borrow it.
I don't know how oftern I'll be able to read knowing school starts on Monday. The next book club book is Manhunt by James Swanson. It is the story about the search for John Wilkes Booth after he murders President Lincoln.

0 comments: